Call for Papers
The author kit is provided on this page.
Tips: Be sure to use the template's conference mode. See template documentation for details. Accordingly, check that the bibliography is properly formatted according to IEEE specifications. It is possible, but discouraged, to use other systems for the preparation of papers, e.g. MS-Word. Author kits for these systems can be found on this page.
NCA 2020 is inviting papers presenting work in progress. Prospective authors are invited to submit Work-in-Progress (WiP) papers related to all areas that are in scope of the NCA conference. These papers should summarize current work with emphasis on the research challenges involved, the approach followed and current results, as well as planned future work. WiP papers must be at most 3 pages long, formatted using the same guidelines as for regular papers. The papers will be reviewed (and the authors will be notified of the decision) within one week of submission, with a paper submission deadline of September 14, 2020. Accepted WiP papers will be published in the conference poceedings and presented in a special session of the conference. Papers should be submitted through Easy Chair, following the same submission guidelines used for regular papers, and must have as subtitle the statement "(Work In Progress)".
You can download the Call for Papers in PDF from here.
IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA):
26-28 November 2020
Sponsored by: IEEE Computer Society - Technical Committee on Distributed Processing
Patrons: Akamai Technologies, Inc. - Irianc (International Research Institute on Autonomic Network Computing)
The IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA) is seeking articles concerning fundamental research and practical experience reports. The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Theory of Network Computing
- Autonomic Network Computing
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- High Speed Networks/Protocols and Middleware
- Routing Mechanisms
- Overlay Networks/Peer-to-Peer Systems
- System Area Networks (SAN)/Clusters
- Performance Modeling/Quality of Services (QoS) Issues
- Web Caching and Switching
- Dependable Wide, Local, and System Area Networks
- Network Security
- Intrusion-Tolerant Networked Systems
- Scalable and Dependable Servers and Data Centers
- Middleware for Dependable Network Computing
- Self* (Configuring, Healing, Optimizing, Protecting, Organizing, Aware)
- Platforms for Network Computing
- Network Protocols: Verification and Validation
- Autonomic Network Computing for Achieving Self* Properties and Applications Availability
- Seamless and Virtual Capabilities for Implementing Self* Properties
- Software Defined Networking (SDN): Principles and Implementation
- Designing Highly-Available and Secure SDN
- Network Functions Virtualization (NFV): Design and Optimization
- Network Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning Techniques for Cloud Resources Management
- Big Data in Clouds for IoT
- Future Internet and Communicating Objects
- Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (MANET)
- Sensor Networks
- Fog/Edge Computing
- Energy-Efficient Computation and Communication
- Applications to Real and/or Complex Problems, Practical Experiences and Prototypes
- Programming Environments for Distributed Systems
- Byzantine Fault Tolerance
- Web and Mobile Security
- Solutions Relevant to COVID-19 Pandemic
The IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications is organizing the following workshops:
Adaptive Cloud Computing (ACC)
The topics of interest include:
- Dynamically Forming Virtual Organizations
- Adaptive Infrastructure for Cloud Computing
- Dynamic Reconfiguration in the Presence of Anomalies in the Cloud
- Security Protocols in the Cloud Infrastructure
- Homomorphic Encryption
Interconnection Networks for Multicore Chips (INMC)
- Networked-Driven Multicore Chips
- Interconnection Networks: Fault Tolerance, Scalability and Performance Analysis
- Caching and Virtualization in On-Chip Networks for Multicore Chips
- Low Power On-Chip Networks for Multicore Chips
Paper submissions to ACC and INMC are managed through EasyChair.
Please visit the submission link to send your manuscript. Please add a subtitle to your manuscript indicating the track (e.g., [Adaptive Cloud Computing (ACC)]), in order for the paper to be considered for inclusion in the workshop proceedings.
Submission and Submission Requirements
Paper submissions are managed through EasyChair.
- Please visit the submission link to send your manuscript.
Submitted manuscripts must not have been previously published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere and must be cleared for publication in the NCA Proceedings, which will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press.
The manuscript must be written in English, and must not exceed 8 pages for NCA papers or 4 pages for workshop papers. The submission must be in PDF format. Instructions for submitting the manuscript are available at www.ieee-nca.org.
Manuscript page limit
Regular Papers: 8 pages, including all figures, tables, and references.
Short Papers: 4 pages, including all figures, tables, and references.
Purchasing extra pages
Regular Papers: Up to 2 extra pages may be purchased at $100 (US dollars) per extra page.
Short Papers: Up to 1 extra page may be purchased at $100 (US dollars).
Authors can decide to submit full papers longer than 8 pages (up to 10 pages) before the reviewing process. This is an indication of their will to purchase extra pages during the registration process. Therefore, longer papers accepted as full papers cannot be shrunk when preparing camera ready versions. This is to respect the work made by reviewers and other authors which decided to stay in the limits. Authors who submitted papers as full papers and they were accepted to the conference as short papers, will need to reduce their size to 4 pages (or 5 pages by purchasing 1 extra page) in the camera ready version.
Accepted papers and Publication Policies
Every regular paper accepted by a technical meeting sponsored by the IEEE Signal Processing Society must have attached to it at least one registration at the full (member or non-member) rate. Thus, for a manuscript for which all authors are students, one student author will be required to register at the full registration rate. For manuscripts where at least one author is already registered at the full rate, this fulfills the obligation for up to two (2) papers.
No-show papers are defined as papers submitted by authors who subsequently did not present the paper at the technical meeting. This year, all presentations will be given via pre-recorded videos, followed by synchronized online discussions during the scheduled conference period. No-show papers that were not withdrawn and were published in the Proceedings must be identified as "No-Show" in the files submitted to IEEE for further publication (IEEE Xplore). No-shows will not be available on IEEE Xplore or other public access IEEE forums. IEEE will maintain an archive of no-shows.
The IEEE strongly discourages changes and, in particular, withdrawals of papers once submitted and included in the program.
If under any circumstances it becomes necessary for the author to withdraw or change a paper, IEEE policy dictates that the request to do this must come directly from the author and not from any third party. IEEE policy also states that in this case, the author will be held liable for all costs that are incurred. It would then be up to the author to get reimbursed for the expense from any third party if he/she feels it is justified. The IEEE cannot act as a policing entity on behalf of the author in this regard.
Best Paper Awards
The IEEE NCA2020 Program Committee will select Best Paper and Best Student Paper. The first author of the Best Student Paper must be a BSc/MSc/PhD student.
- Title and Abstract Due: 7 September 2020 AOE
- Manuscript Due: 7 September 2020 AOE
- Author Notification: 7 October 2020
- Camera Ready Papers: 14 October 2020 AOE
- Authors Registration: 26 October 2020 AOE
- Conference Start: 26 November 2020
- Conference End: 28 November 2020
AOE = Anywhere on Earth